Resistance Soldering is a technique where the heat to melt solder is instantly generated by passing a high amperage electrical current through a resistive material. There are a few advantages to resistance soldering:
- Time: Resistance soldering is many times faster than traditional soldering.
- Quality: Since heating is instantaneous and confined to the solder connection, it easily creates a more professional solder joint.
- Safety: Is a safer way to solder, as the soldering hand pieces cool extremely fast.
- Longevity: Resistance soldering electrodes and elements last 2 to 3 times longer than traditional soldering tips.
- Power: The most important tool for resistance soldering is having a high quality power unit that is a good combination of intensity and control.
Resistance Soldering accessories available include foot switches, tweezers, elements, and replacement electrodes. EIS carries power units from top manufacturer American Beauty, who is recognized as a manufacture of high performance, reliable, and safe power units.
American Beauty 10519 Standard Foot Switch, For 105-A12, 105-A3, Resistance Soldering System Power Control Unit