Looking for Fabrico? Don't worry, you're in the right place! Fabrico is now EIS Fabrication Solutions.
Material Design, Selection, and Converting for Gaskets
EIS works with engineers during gasket design to assist in selecting the appropriate gasket material, the right process for cutting or converting that material, the correct adhesive to use with that material if an adhesive is required, and the best method for manufacturing the gasket cost-effectively to fit into an assembly process.
Gaskets work as a seal between two parts. This seal may provide a physical barrier against fluids, electrostatic discharge (ESD), electromagnetic interference (EMI), and contaminants such as dust and dirt. It can also help resist the extrusion and creep of parts under operating conditions.
EIS designs and converts materials to make gaskets as critical elements in many applications in a wide range of industries:
- Electrical motors, power generators, and transformers
- Electronics and instrumentation
- Portable electronic devices, including handheld communication devices
- Telecommunications equipment
- Aerospace and defense
- Transportation and automotive
- Medical devices
- Alternative energy, including solar panels
Common gasket materials include:
- Elastomers such as rubber, polyurethane, neoprene, nitrile, silicone, and others
- Fibrous materials include aramid, carbon fiber, cellulose, glass, etc.
- Metals such as stainless steel, carbon steel, titanium alloy, aluminum, and copper
- Other “soft” materials such as flexible graphite, cork, and PTFE